Replacing SPM4649T with AR8010T?

I'm setting up a new Spirit Pro with the SPM4649T and DX8 for use in a 700 heli. I'm starting to have concerns using the 4649T due to some discussions here on HF about suitability on a larger heli.
Does anyone know if the AR8010T can be used in the same way (ie. still be able to accept esc data and pass that along via Spirit to the tx?
Thanks
Chris
If you want telemetry, you can use the 4649T and retain one of the sat ports. You lose the 2nd sat for telemetry.

4649T on its own, I would not do either, but I'm happy so far, having the 4649T and a sat also ( on a 700).

No idea about the 8010T.
Originally Posted by Dawiev
If you want telemetry, you can use the 4649T and retain one of the sat ports. You lose the 2nd sat for telemetry.

4649T on its own, I would not do either, but I'm happy so far, having the 4649T and a sat also ( on a 700).

No idea about the 8010T.
I might be okay with that too. Since I have the Pro fbl, I can even use 2 sats. What's the worst that could happen if the 4649t fails in the air.....no telemetry for the rest of the flight? The two sats should still carry the signal reliably. I tested this is the bench (unplugged the 4649t).
However, if the AR8010t does the same function for telemetry, I'd rather use it, since it's more robust. I'm just not sure of this.
I should add that the only reason that I'm sceptical is because of some threads I've read in this forum questioning the robustness of the AR4649t when used in a heli.
Hi, it seems that it was only the first batch of 4649T that had a problem powered over 7.4V - if powered directly from 2S. No problem if you run them at 6v, or at 7.4V.

I've not seen any reports of failures here, or other FBL forums.

You have to use the one sat port for the telemetry input, so only one additional sat is possible.
Originally Posted by Dawiev
Hi, it seems that it was only the first batch of 4649T that had a problem powered over 7.4V - if powered directly from 2S. No problem if you run them at 6v, or at 7.4V.

I've not seen any reports of failures here, or other FBL forums.

You have to use the one sat port for the telemetry input, so only one additional sat is possible.
Oh, I see. I have a brand new unit, so should be good.

According to the Spirit manual, I need to connect the spm4649t to the Rud and pit/ele/ail ports using the Jeti integration cable. I haven't seen anywhere showing it connected to a sat port.

Thanks
My Hobbywing ESC plugs into the SAT port to provide the telemetry input.

I haven't checked the other ESCs, to see where / how they connect.
Originally Posted by Dawiev
My Hobbywing ESC plugs into the SAT port to provide the telemetry input.

I haven't checked the other ESCs, to see where / how they connect.
That's it. I was looking at the Castle esc wiring, which is different from the HW.

Thanks for your help!
Originally Posted by CFerry
Does anyone know if the AR8010T can be used in the same way (ie. still be able to accept esc data and pass that along via Spirit to the tx?
I have the same question
Hi,

it will not work with AR8010T, since it does not support bi-directional SRXL.

But regarding concerns about 4649T - if you have no concerns about using dual satellites, there should be no concern about using 2/3 satellites (including 4649T).
But I can't tell about general reliability. This should be answered by Spektrum.
© air-helicopteer.com